WordPress introduced me to a new blog this afternoon. The War in My Brain (http://meganhasocd.com/) – love it! Another off her rocker type – I hope that doesn’t offend her – I love being off my rocker!
I am stealing her topic “There’s more to me than OCD”….because I want to write but have no original ideas to write about and I can not sleep… to let anyone who doesn’t know, there is more to me than bipolar disorder… you may get more than her 20…
1.My favorite book is Through a Dog’s Eyes.. parts made me laugh, parts made me cry and most of it was very inspirational to me.
2. I have read 3/4 of Marley and Me and will never read the rest (nor will I see the entire movie – I walked out about the same spot as I quit reading) I don’t deal well with death. (and why does every dog movie/book end with the dog dying? ie: Marley, Old Yeller, one of the dogs in Through a Dogs Eyes, Racing in the Rain, Amazing Gracie… isn’t there a book out there SOMEWHERE that tells of a inspiring dog story and the dog lives?)
3. I don’t deal well with death. I have never been to my father’s grave site. I went to a funeral for my sister in law’s mother, and I couldn’t stay – and I had only met her once, briefly.
4. My favorite show of all time is M*A*S*H – I have seen every episode at least 10 times, and my favorites are the later seasons with Col. Potter and Hunnicutt My dad and I watched it together every afternoon.
5.I try very hard not to let people see me cry. I think it is a sign of weakness. I also only cry when I mad, not when I am sad. I tend to just retreat to myself and tune out the world when I am sad.
6. I tell everyone, often, that I love them – except my mother. All I can figure is it wasn’t a word that we said in our home growing up, so I suppose it still makes me uncomfortable. I remember my dad telling me once he loved me and was proud of me – but I knew he did and always was, so it is ok. I know that because she is sick, I should more often…
7. I love my father-in-laws sense of humor. For the most part, I think that may be one reason we have gotten along so well over these 18 1/2 years, we both have a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor. My husband too, shares this, but you don’t hear it often. 😦
8.My husband rarely talks.. we are polar opposites – I talk all the time and am a social butterfly, he is very quiet and I believe he is happiest at home. We are proof that opposites attract.
9. The school system wanted me to start school at 3. Mom said no. I want to kick mom. or thank her…everything for a reason..
10.I could sit for hours and stare at my dogs, wondering what they are thinking and dreaming.
11. I will give a panhandler food and water, but never money. In my area, we have one with 2 dogs and I plan to put a bag of dogfood in the van so I can give it to him the next time I see him.
12. I believe in doing random acts of kindness – and not telling anyone because I do it because it is the right thing to do, not because I want praise for it.
13. I would give many people the shirt off my back if they needed it.
14.I no longer wear my wedding/engagement ring and I HATE IT! I have gained weight and it doesn’t fit. I refuse to have it sized – I am determined to loose weight so that it fits again..(as of 4/12/13- I am 10 pounds down!)
15. I think it is cool I have a passport..but I really have no interest in visiting another country. I would follow my husband anywhere he goes,so if he wants to – I’ll go.
16. My husband and I have been together 18 1/2 years almost to the day – sorta, if you include the time we were “just friends”, yet, I still get butterflies and goosebumps every day when he comes home from work. I want to run and jump in his arms to say “I am so glad you are home! I love you and am so happy you let me choose you!”
17.I actually asked him to set me up with his brother before we started dating. Thank God he didn’t – that would been a nightmare (not to mention he had just started dating his wife, whom I consider a great friend!)
18. I do NOT believe in ghosts.
19. I am jealous of many of my friends lives, as they have careers and not just jobs ..though I do remind myself that we all have problems, some, unlike me, are just not as open to the world (of facebook which is how I communicate with my friends) as I am..
20. I LOVE Kenny Chesney – oh, wait – you probably DO know that! Did you know there have been days that, without his music, I may not have made it?
21. I have never been suicidal – wanna know why? Because I am afraid no one would come to my funeral!
22. I only slightly regret not having a traditional wedding…I do miss the wedding dress, but that’s it. Otherwise, I love the fact that it was a time for just the two of us – my only true regret with that is we did it when Justin couldn’t be involved and I terribly regret that.
23. I truly think when I get ‘old’ I am going to be the dog lady. (You now, like the cat lady who hoards cats? But I am going to have dogs..)
24. I do not want the typical funeral – I do not want everyone standing around crying..I want a party..with lemondrop shots at the foot of my casket – you come to see me, you do a shot! (lol) I want “Somewhere over the Rainbow” by IZ (click link to play) , “Don’t Worry, Be happy” and “Everybody Wants to Got to Heaven” played. I want a party at the gravesite and I threaten often that I want to be buried at night – you know who your true friends are then 😉 and remember – I don’t believe in ghosts. I just believe the saddness is not for the dead but for the living, who will miss (the dead person)..I want everyone to party and be happy that I am in the promised land (Lord, I hope and pray!) and they will see me again..just not SOON I hope..
Ok, it is 3:00 AM..that is in the morning , you know? I think I shall spell check, etc and post..hopefully go back to sleep before the 5:30 a.m. alarm goes off…
Well, you know lots of crap about me? How about you?
Your favorite song?
What was your favorite DATE with your significant other? (or whoever you were on the date with)
Are you a cat or a dog person? (I ask this as my cat quietly sits on the tv stand watching tv…and my dogs noisily BARK at 3 a.m.)
Man, I have got to go to bed!